The days of manual backing up of your important documents with external hardware are almost getting replace by online cloud storage. The internet offers many solution on on storage system and one of the most useful program is called Dropbox https://dropbox.com
Dropbox is a simple service that allows you to have your local files saved to cloud. Simplicity has always been the Dropbox good advantage. An easy to set up after you sign up for Dropbox and install in your computer, it syncs all of your selected documents and files. After initial setup there is no user intervention required; your files are synched every time you connect to the internet. Every time you make changes to your drop folder, the changes are automatically synced to your Dropbox account. When you need to access your files from elsewhere just log in to your Dropbox account, and download the files that you need. You can upload directly through the web interface and they will sync with your other dropbox enable devices.
Dropbox key advantage is the ease and efficiency of sharing. Files and folders are easily shared with other Dropbox users through email invitations, and once share the files will synchronize automatically.
- Free for Light use. Offers free up to 2GB storage
- Requires no user interaction
- Syncs easily
- Allows you to share files with family, friends and co workers
- Upgraded storage is quite expensive.
- Another downside is you have to be connected to the Internet for Dropbox to back up and synchronize your files. You also have to have enough memory allocation in your Dropbox account to keep files synced
Dropbox are simple and easy to understand. Even the novice users can configure it easily and keep his data safe. Give it try.