Earlier I have written about how to reset / remove Admin Password from your XP Operating System using the XP CD Installer, Now I am writing about few more ways to do the same using different utilities and methods to recover Windows Password without using your XP CD Installer and can also be used in other operating system as well, It took me some time to check and picked few best ones, and look into reviews of these utility before I write it on to my blog. Here are some utilities which can recover Admin password / reset for your Windows as discussed in details as given below
Offline NT Password & Registry Editor http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd – This utility can be used to reset or set the password of your Windows XP / Vista and should also work with Windows 7 as well
- Completely Free to download and use
- There is no installation in Windows is required or knowledge of old password is needed making this utility an easy alternative to many other password recovery tools
- It simple deletes passwords instantly making it fast and easy to use
- ISO image is much smaller than those of other password recovery tools
To start with, visit the Offline NT Password & Registry Editor website http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd Just download the free ISO file, burn it to a CD, and delete your password in just a few minutes. After that, you'll be able to access Windows without a password at all!
Visiting their website, they have also offered bootable disk from USB so it’s really coming in handy and I recommend giving it a try.
Ophcrack LiveCD http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net – free window password recovery tools designed to scan windows password and display them for an easy recovery. It supports Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.
- Software is freely available for download online
- The Ophcrack LiveCD option allows for completely automatic password recovery
- No software installation is needed to recover passwords
- Passwords are recovered automatically using the LiveCD method
An important note: Antivirus recognize the Ophcrack LiveCD ISO file as a Trojan virus. You need not worry about it, it will do no harm to your computer.
PCLoginNow http://www.pcloginnow.com is a free easy-to-use tool to reset administrator and other accounts passwords on your Windows system. Works with Windows 7,Windows Vista, and Windows XP passwords
- Can delete any password from nearly any installation of Windows almost instantly.
- Passwords are simply removed with this tool instead of being decoded and displayed making it faster and easier to use
- No installation in Windows is required making PC Login Now an easy alternative to many other password recovery tools
- Can transform any normal user account into an administrator account
- The ISO image is much smaller than those of many other password recovery tools
While visiting their website, I found some other useful utility tools that they offer which you may wish to try.
Let me know your comments on these tools when you give it a try.